Crys Bazan, Southside worship leader
First Christian offers a diverse worship arts ministry. Do you have something to share as a vocalist, instrumentalist, percussion player, actor, dramatic reader, or music ministry donor? You can use your gifts to joyfully serve, enhance your skills, build relationships, and have fun!
Our mixed choir is open to all and sings in a range of styles covering the spectrum of Christian music.
- sings 2-4 Sundays monthly August-May at 10:15 (sometimes 8:00)
- rehearses Thursday 6:20-7:30 pm, August-May
- presents a musical on Palm Sunday and the 2nd/3rd Sunday of Advent
First Christian is blessed to own three octaves of Schulmerich handbells and three octaves of Malmark tone chimes. Our Bell Choir has a great time playing with these beautiful instruments, and participating in one of the most unique experiences in the world of music!
- plays monthly at both 8:00 and 10:15 services
- rehearses Thursdays 5:20-6:15 pm
Praise Team / Praise Band
A group of 2-4 vocalists lead congregational singing and present special music. The group also includes a rhythm section and other instruments for a contemporary sound.
- sings and plays periodically at 10:15
- rehearses on a flexible schedule including 9:00 Sunday mornings
The Orchestra utilizes accomplished players from inside and outside the church to accompany our congregational singing in grand fashion.
- plays several times per year, especially holidays, at 8:00 and 10:15
Kids & Youth
Our kids and youth are encouraged to sing and play in worship, offering their gifts and developing their skills.
- present Mitten Tree dramatic/musical program in December
Anyone is encouraged to help present a skit or monologue, as we look to incorporate more drama into our worship services.
Schantz Pipe Organ & Other Instruments
First Christian is home to a three manual, 32 rank Schantz organ with a total of 1,860 pipes. Originally installed in 1974, the console was refurbished in 2012, adding a combination action with 128 levels of memory.
Our sanctuary also houses a Petrof semiconcert grand piano and a Premier drum kit with Zildjian, Sabian, and Bosphorus professional-level cymbals.